First Lady Defends Stepson Hunter Amid Potential Criminal Charges

First Lady Jill Biden on Friday defended her stepson Hunter Biden in the investigations against him.

Speaking to NBC News, Jill said that Hunter is “innocent” amid a federal investigation into his alleged illegal purchase of a firearm in 2018.

“Everybody and their brother has investigated Hunter,” Jill said. “They keep at it, and at it, and at it. I know that Hunter is innocent. I love my son, and I will keep looking forward.”

Earlier this month, The Washington Post reported that federal investigators believe they have gathered enough evidence to charge Hunter with “tax crimes and a false statement related to a gun purchase.”

- Advertisement -

The younger Biden allegedly answered “no” when asked whether he was “an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or any other controlled substance.”

U.S. Attorney David Weiss, a Trump appointee, is expected to make the final decision on whether or not to charge Hunter.

President Joe Biden shared his public support for his son earlier this month during an interview with CNN.

“I’m proud of my son,” Biden said. “This is a kid who got, not a kid—he’s a grown man—he got hooked on, like many families have had happen, hooked on drugs. He’s overcome that. He’s established a new life.”

- Advertisement -

This comes as House Republicans said that they are looking for ways to investigate Hunter’s shady business dealings, including a suspicious deposit of $100,000 that came from China.

“The House Oversight Committee has expansive oversight authority under House rules,” a GOP Oversight Committee aide said. “Next Congress, Oversight Committee Republicans will continue their investigation into the Biden family’s suspicious business dealings using the power of the gavel to get answers for the American people.”

Despite this, Democrats have been hard at work to deflect Republicans from probing the Biden family’s overseas business deals. 

The New York Post reported earlier this month that the White House is shelling out $265,000 a year in salary for staff whose primary portfolio will be to run comms and defense for the Biden administration in the event the GOP regains control of the House of Representatives in the midterm elections next month.

You may also like…

Advertisement

Recent Stories

Advertisement

Latest Posts on The Honest Patriot