President Joe Biden was greeted with chants of “F*** Joe Biden” as he and his wife, Jill Biden, arrived late at Queen Elizabeth II’s funeral in the U.K.
Not only that, the Bidens were also seated 14 rows back during the ceremony and had to wait outside the chapel as the ceremony went forward.
A WARM UK WELCOME!!!😂😂😂 pic.twitter.com/zgMsfn2p4b
— il Donaldo Trumpo (@PapiTrumpo) September 19, 2022
“Rather than being ushered immediately to their seats on their arrival at Westminster Abbey, the first couple, aged 79 and 71, had to be gently told they would need to stand and wait as a procession of George and Victoria Cross-holders went ahead of them down the nave of the abbey,” the Guardian reported.
“After an awkward period of small talk at the main entrance, as those awarded the highest decorations of military valor went ahead, the Bidens finally followed in the wake of Victoria Cross-holder CSgt Johnson Beharry, pushing the wheelchair of Keith Payne VC, 89.”
“Perhaps as a consequence of opting out of the buses taking other leaders from the assembly point at Royal Hospital Chelsea, the Bidens were also given seats 14 rows back in the south transept of the abbey.”
The mishap apparently happened because the Bidens refused to take a bus with other world leaders to the funeral, which would have ensured everyone arrived on time. Instead, they drove in “The Beast,” the massive presidential limo, and arrived to the jeering “FJB” chants.
The U.S. president took his seat behind Poland president Andrzej Duda, and in front of Petr Fiala, the prime minister of the Czech Republic. Sitting to her husband’s left, Jill sat next to Switzerland president Ignazio Cassis.
This comes after the death of Queen Elizabeth II last week. The Union Jack flag outside Buckingham Palace was lowered to half-staff in her honor.
“The Queen died peacefully at Balmoral this afternoon. The King and The Queen Consort will remain at Balmoral this evening and will return to London tomorrow,” the royal family said in a statement.
Shortly before her death, a royal spokesman announced that the Queen would be moved to Balmoral after doctors grew “concerned for Her Majesty’s health and have recommended she remain under medical supervision.”
The Queen’s eldest son and former Prince of Wales, Charles, is now the king, according to Buckingham Palace.