Former President Donald Trump slams former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie for entering the 2024 presidential race.
Last week, Trump took to Truth Social to rip Christie’s campaign announcement and point out the fact that he only finished sixth in his home state in 2016.
Omg 😅 President Trump just posted this on Truth Social. pic.twitter.com/dpdC9yRjsB
— Laura Loomer (@LauraLoomer) June 7, 2023
“How many times did Chris Christie use the word SMALL? Does he have a psychological problem with SIZE? Actually, his speech was SMALL, and not very good,” the former president wrote.
“It rambled all over the place, and nobody had a clue of what he was talking about. Hard to watch, boring, but that’s what you get from a failed Governor (New Jersey) who left office with a 7% approval rating and then got run out of New Hampshire. This time, it won’t be any different!” he continued.
This comes after Christie announced on Tuesday that he was officially throwing his hat into the 2024 presidential ring.
“The person I am talking about who is obsessed with the mirror? Who never admits a mistake? Who never admits a fault and will always find someone else — and something else — to blame for whatever goes wrong, but finds every reason to take credit for anything that goes right, is Donald Trump,” the Republican presidential hopeful told the crowd in New Hampshire, Manchester.
Christie previously ran for the Republican nomination in 2016, but after a lackluster performance in New Hampshire, he withdrew from the campaign very early. He was also one of the first ex-candidates to support Trump after withdrawing from the race.
Christie has since been criticizing his former ally in recent years, describing Trump as a “lonely, self-consumed mirror hog” during an interview on ABC News last month.
“They hope that he implodes, and that if they’re nice to him, that they’ll inherit his voters,” he said at the time, arguing that is a “losing proposition.”
“You can’t beat Donald Trump by playing bumper pool,” he added.
Christie’s announcement comes just one day after former Vice President Mike Pence submitted his own 2024 presidential campaign paperwork. They will both be joining a crowded field that already includes former governors Nikki Haley and Asa Hutchinson, South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott, billionaire Vivek Ramaswamy, and Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis.